Dr. Hugh B. MorrisBoard-Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon
A graduate of the Duke University School of Medicine, Dr. Morris completed his residency in general surgery at Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, Texas, and his residency in orthopaedic surgery at Duke University Medical Center. He completed the prestigious Aufranc Fellowship in total joint reconstructive surgery at New England Baptist Hospital in Boston and served as Clinical Instructor in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Tufts University School of Medicine. Dr. Morris is Board-Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery.
Dr. Morris served as associate team physician for the Orlando Magic basketball team. He was the featured surgeon in "Hip Surgery," a program shown on the American’s Health Network’s operating room series, "O.R. Behind the Mask." He is a past Medical Director of the Translife Bone Bank and has served as Orthopaedic Advisor for the Bone Bank in Orlando.
In recognition for his many contributions to the science and practice of orthopaedics, Dr. Morris was presented The Gaius Petronius Award for excellence and lifetime achievement in orthopaedics in 1997. The award noted Dr. Morris was a dedicated researcher, expert clinician, superb counselor, valued advisor. More recent accomplishments include being selected for the hospital "Excellence" award for 2006 from over 2,000 physicians on staff and membership in the The Society for Arthritic Joint Surgery (50 members selected in the U.S.).
- Undergraduate: Duke University, Durham, NC
- Medical: Duke University, Durham, NC
- Internship: Parkland Memorial Hospital, Dallas, TX
- Orthopaedic Surgery Residency: Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC
- Hip and Knee Reconstruction Fellowship: New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Member, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- The Society for Arthritic Joint Surgery (50 members selected in the U.S.)
- Florida Hospital
- Winter Park Memorial Hospital
- Orlando Regional Medical Center
Hugh B. Morris, MD
Dr. Morris specializes in the treatment of a variety of orthopaedic conditions and performs several orthopaedic procedures including:
- Reconstructive Surgery of the Knee and Hip
- Arthroscopic Surgery of the Knee and Shoulder